Twice baked potato with egg on top turned out great, loved the runny yolks blending with the rest of the potato filling.
Baked stuffed potatoes are the kind of dish few could refuse not to mention that are easy to make, healthy and so tasty.
Twice baked potato with egg on top is a delicious and easy meal indeed, hope you will enjoy it too.
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil or 1 tbsp butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 4 oz. (100 g) low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chives, chopped
- 4 small eggs
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F). Scrub potatoes, pierce them with a fork and put them in the oven rack for 30-40 minutes until soft.
- In a large frying pan heat oil or butter over medium high heat. Saute the onion with garlic for about 5 minutes until soft.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to handle cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop the interior out of each leaving about 1/4 inch shell of potato flesh and skin. Add the scooped-out potato flesh, grated cheese, salt and pepper into the pan and stir well to combine.
- Place the potato shells on the baking sheet and feel them with the mixture. Press the mixture with a spoon so a whole is formed to make space for the eggs. Sprinkle chives on top and crack an egg on top of each stuffed potato.
- Cook at 200°C (400°F) for 10-15 minutes until the egg is set. The whites are set while the yolks are a bit runny. Enjoy!
Twice Baked Potato with Egg
Calories – 221
Fat – 10g
Sodium – 346mg
Cholesterol – 41
Vitamin C – 17%
Carbohydrates – 23g
Fiber – 3g
Protein – 11g