Healthy spiced pumpkin yogurt parfaits, layered with granola, take only 10 minutes to make. They make a great weekday breakfast!
Pumpkin pie cashew cream still has a definite pumpkin flavor from the pure pumpkin pureé.
But it also has a nice richness from the cashews and is sweetened perfectly with the pear and maple syrup.
Instead of just nutmeg and cinnamon, used a pre-blended pumpkin pie spice mix for ease and extra flavor.
Feel free to use your favorite granola. The nutritional data (seen at the bottom of the recipe) will vary depending on the granola used.
As glorious as that can be, there are many healthy ways to enjoy pumpkin on a more regular basis. Whole Wheat Pumpkin Spice Latte Muffins and Whole Wheat Oat Gingerbread Pumpkin Pancakes are two of my favorites, but I wanted to come up with a breakfast option that I could put together in 10 minutes or less for those busy weekday mornings. A yogurt parfait was the answer!
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup granola your favorite kind
- additional agave nectar if desired
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the pumpkin, agave nectar, ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined.
- In two small glasses or bowls, scoop some of the pumpkin mixtures into the bottom.
- Layer with the Greek yogurt, granola, agave nectar, and more of the pumpkin mixture.
- Serve. Sweeten with additional agave nectar, if you wish.
Healthy Spiced Pumpkin Granola Yogurt Parfaits Nutrition FactsHealthy Spiced Pumpkin Granola Yogurt Parfaits
Serving: 1Parfait | Calories: 388kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 57mg | Potassium: 551mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 286% | Vitamin C: 4.7% | Calcium: 17.4% | Iron: 22.4%