Chilli Prawns with Garlic pan-fried in chili and finished with lemon and herbs make a spicy and refreshing meal that’s ready in 10 minutes.
Chilli Prawns with Garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 80g butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 long fresh red chilies, finely chopped
- 1kg peeled green prawns, with tails intact
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Crusty bread, sliced, brushed with oil, chargrilled, to serve
- Salt, to season
Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic and chili and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the prawns and season with salt and pepper.
Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until the prawns are just cooked through.
Add the lemon juice, lemon rind, and coriander to the prawn mixture and toss to combine.
Divide the prawns among serving plates and serve with rocket and bread.
- 1907 kj ENERGY
- 27g FAT TOTAL
- 12g SATURATED FAT
- 1g FIBRE
- 52g PROTEIN
- 418mg CHOLESTEROL
- 998.23mg SODIUM
- 1g CARBS (SUGAR)
- 1g CARBS (TOTAL)
TRY THESE ON THE SIDE
- Cucumber chunks tossed with Asian Sesame Dressing sprinkled with coriander/cilantro (pictured)
- Asian Sesame Dressing drizzled over leafy greens, tomato wedges or cherry tomatoes
- Asian Slaw – terrifically fresh and crunchy!
- Restaurant Style Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce – or use any steamed Asian greens, green beans or snow peas